*CHA Certified –
The Certified Horseman’s Association has been evaluating instructors since
“THE CHA CERTIFICATION PROCESS… involves evaluation by two CHA Certified
Clinicians, in amulti-day certification clinic held at approved CHA Program
Member host site facilities.
CHA certification clinics involve written tests,
skills demonstrations and participation in workshops on topics such as risk
management, teaching techniques, professionalism and herd management depending
on the certification.”
Experience and some highlights
- Graduate of Drake University
- Has owned and ridden horses since the age of 5.
- At 15 first employment was horse therapy facilities at Showplace Farms in
- Following employment included grooming and exercising horses for Swedan
Stable- A premier racing facility
recognized for winning the Hambletonian (like the Kentucky Derby for Harness
horses) and breaking industry records- (the same year as employed).
- Began providing other grooms of Showplace Farms and Gateway Stables with
riding lessons under a veterinarian dictated experimental program designed to
diversify training and increase the performance of the Standardbred
- By the age of 20, owned and operated Chase Stables a private boarding,
training, lesson, and competition facility. Known for assisting riders with
fears and troubled horses.
- Worked with horse rescue operations on the east coast for 13 years-
including disaster relief for the several Florida Humane societies during
hurricane relief efforts.
- Holds certificates of Achievements and horsemanship from many clinics and
programs including Lake Erie College School of Equine Studies, Monty Roberts
for natural horsemanship, and New Horizons Equine Education Centers
- Continues education through clinics and programs with Iowa State University
-American Riding Instructors
-Certified Horsemanship Association
-Centered Riding Inc. -Mind Body & Horse
-Iowa Horse Council
-Quarter Horse Association
-Appaloosa Horse Association
-American Paint Horse Association
-Pony of Americas Club